India is one of the vast developing and the largest country in terms of population and also famous for its rich culture. When someone plans to travel anywhere, just the idea of travel brings excitement in a person’s mind. Be it an Indian or a visitor from abroad plans to visit India, the person thinks about visiting the best places in India.
In India, there are numerous best places to visit, like Agra, Ajmer, Jaipur, Kolkata, Delhi, and many others. Therefore, when a person thinks about India travel, he/she may plan to visit places that have historical monuments. Moreover, the country is also famous for regional rituals followed in the past and even the sculptures.
Best Places To Visit In India – Importance & Information
- Agra: Famous for one of the seven wonders of the World – Taj Mahal. Other famous sites such as Fatehpur Sikri, Red Fort, etc. Also famous because the city is lov\cated on the banks of River Yamuna.
- Kolkata: Famous for Victoria Memorial, a historical museum constructed during British rule. It also has a very old and famous Kali temple, Howrah Bridge which is the busiest flyover built over the Hooghly river. An underground metro rail covering the entire city along with trams.
- Delhi: Capital of India, consists of Qutub Minar, Red Fort, Jama Masjid, Lotus Temple, and India Gate.
- Jaipur: Situated in Rajasthan and popularly known as the ‘Pink City.’ Famous for Hawa Mahal and Raj Mandir, an ancient Movie theatre.
- Ajmer: Famous for the renowned Mosque built by Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti.
- Prayagraj: Famous for Sangam – an amalgamation of three holy rivers Ganga, Yamuna, and Saraswati.
- Tamil Nadu: Famous for Rameshwaram Temple.
- Jammu & Kashmir: Famous for Ladakh, also known as Heaven on Earth.
- Haridwar: Famous pilgrim spot due to historical temples.
- Uttarakhand: Famous for Badrinath, Kedarnath, and Rishikesh.
- Amritsar: Famous for the Golden Temple, pilgrim site for Sikhs.
- Goa: Famous for its beaches, historical monuments, and nightlife.
- Maharastra: Famous for Ajanta, Ellora caves and Gateway of India.
- Bihar: Famous for Bodh Gaya, the site where Lord Buddha gained enlightenment.
- Madhya Pradesh: Famous for Khajuraho temple and its sculptures.
- Darjeeling: Famous for Mt. Kanchenjunga and also for black tea farming.
Above are some top places to visit in India in terms of travel. However, there are many more places, which you can plan to see when visiting India.the top place in India. Furthermore, India is a diverse country. One can just travel all over India to witness the diverse culture of the country. Moreover, India can make you witness all kinds of things starting from desert to mountains to seas to forests.